Gothic 2 modding questions.

Gothic II modifications

Re: Gothic 2 modding questions.

Postby Aeternitas » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Yes, Diakreion is my child. 8-) You're welcome. 8-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeternitas
The Dark Mages Mod Team
The Dark Mages
The Modders
The Dark Forests Times
The Highest Dark Mage
The Highest Dark Mage

Postby pembalint » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:44 am

Only I told it wrong what I was looking for was in the text.d

Anyway now I wanted to do my first testing. But maybe I have some problems with reparsing.
With GothicSourcer: It finds an error
Story\B_Content_\B_Addon_PiratesGoHome_.d(93): Error: Unknown identifier:else
I didn't modified this script file, nor I see anything strange in it.

With Spacer 2 reparse function "Access Violation" pops up even if I run it as administrator.

With GothicStarter it does the reparsing, while send one error message (something similar to the gothicsourcer). After it Spacer remained poped up, mentioning something with output.
After that I pressed the button "load", then "update" then "refresh" then "save" in the spacer. But nothing really happened, and I had to shut down spacer.

Maybe I did something wrong beforehand. What I did was:
1. Made a copy of the Gothic2 NOTR
2. Installed Mod starter kit
3. Installed hungarian language
4. I decompiled gothic.dat with gothic sourcer (this gothic.dat contains the already modified hungarian language scripts)
5. Now working in gothic sourcer proved hard. I wanted to change to diakreion. I set the Gothic path to the copied Gothic folder in it. Now it could see only the original scripts. Than I replaced the content of the \Scripts\CONTENT folder from the similar ones of the decompiled gothic.dat (from GothicSourcer folder).
6. At this point I sawed the hungarian version at Diakreion. I modified three .d files total (and I saved to them to a new folder).
7. After this I wanted to test it. I replaced the original .d files with the modified at GothicSourcer, and tried to compile the whole. Above mention error occured.
8. Tried Spacer (Access Violation)
9. Did something with GothicStarter.
10. From my copied Gothic folder I replaced the original Gothic.dat and ou.dat (also ou.lsc) with the "new" ones.
11. Started the game.
Result:
- Menu is english (i think it supposed to be hungarian)
- the voice subtitles are german (also supposed to be hungarian)
- answer choices are hungarian
- character sheet (i mean where you see the level, xp etc.) partly english partly hungarian
- but what I personally modified are present (text, 1 armor change for example)

Can you advice me? Help would be appriciated.
pembalint
Novice
Novice

topic author

Postby Aeternitas » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:25 am

First of all you need to prepare Gothic. I wrote an article about it in Czech language, but you can easily translate in through Google translate. It's part of Gothic Modding Wiki, where there are plenty of articles of Gothic modding.

Then the scripts. In Diakreion there is in Tools --> Basic Script Creator, where you can get scripts. Unfortunately I don't support Hungarian language. I might add it, but I don't have any scripts in Hungarian language. If you know where to get them, send them to me, but not anything out of Gothic Sourcer. I don't use GS for such things. GS makes mess of it most of time.

If you don't have Hungarian scripts, I would take English scripts, and either translate them or just make the English mod. For me personally, I would appreciate the English mod, for I don't speak a word in Hungarian, and I couldn't then play your mod. If the mod is just extension of the original game with the original game included, then it doesn't matter, for I don't play extensions.

I must say, I don't understand all steps you described, for I don't understand what you want to do. If you don't have any scripts and you want to use decompilation of GS to get them from original game of Hungary language, it would be hard for a beginner to convert them into normal scripts for the game reparsing, which is used by Diakreion.
Aeternitas
The Dark Mages Mod Team
The Dark Mages
The Modders
The Dark Forests Times
The Highest Dark Mage
The Highest Dark Mage

Postby pembalint » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Thank you for the info. I reinstalled my (for modding-copied) gothic 2 folder according your article. The older one was a little mess (I downloaded programs from worldofgothic but found no such thing as installation order... and i installed maybe a little too many things, but i didn't even know what these programs was for... now i slowly started to understand)

I have the hungarian language pack for gothic2 gold. According to the readme it replaces:
gothic.dat
menu.dat
ou.bin
ou.lsc

I can send these to you. (how exactly?... i cannot upload in the post says too big.. zip file 3.6 MB)

Within these files must be the scripts already modified (language)
I want to modify these scripts for my own project.
My mod will be an extension to the original game (sorry). At first I make it for a group who cannot speak other language (our shame).
pembalint
Novice
Novice

topic author

Postby Aeternitas » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:38 pm

These are compiled scripts. I add only raw scripts into Diakreion to be used easily.

Need to say, stand-alone modifications are easier to create and better received by players. They want new worlds and new locations. Doesn't matter if small or big, every new world has something to give. There's plenty of extensions, smaller or bigger. I list most of them in my only Gothic Mods database.

I wish you luck for whatever you will create. 8-)
Aeternitas
The Dark Mages Mod Team
The Dark Mages
The Modders
The Dark Forests Times
The Highest Dark Mage
The Highest Dark Mage

Postby pembalint » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank you!

I decompiled these scripts with GothicSourcer, in order to get the .d files (then I modified a few, and wanted to compile them again to test. After this bad things happened (see before)

So you say GothicSourcer is not working properly for this. How can I safely decompile these scripts? How can I safely recompile my modified scripts?
pembalint
Novice
Novice

topic author

Postby Aeternitas » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 pm

If you want to decompile scripts, you have no choice and have to use GS. You can then compile scripts back by using GS or reworked the scrips for Diakreion. I don't see any other option. I would go the second way but I don't know if you will be able to convert the scripts.
Aeternitas
The Dark Mages Mod Team
The Dark Mages
The Modders
The Dark Forests Times
The Highest Dark Mage
The Highest Dark Mage

Postby Kaiser » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Aeternitas wrote:Probably crash. I never tested. Have all my textures in place all the time. 8-)

Natáhne na objekt tu texturu kamení co dává všude kde chybí textura. Někdy to nevypadá zle :troll:
:)
Kaiser
The Dark Mages Mod Team
The Dark Mages
The Dark Forests Times
Unknown hero
Unknown hero

Postby Darkenius » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:37 pm

To mi připomíná dobu kamennou. :troll:

Na druhou stranu je to lepší než když je ta textura jednobarevná např. bílá, modrá, zelená. Vypadá to potom jak plastelína.
Daemonium ab inferno.
Darkenius
The Dark Mages Mod Team
The Dark Mages
The Modders
The Dark Forests Times
Dragonkiller
Dragonkiller

Postby Kaiser » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Jo tohle skoro někdy textury imituje dobře. Někdy, třeba texturu blesku to imituje blbě :chacha:
:)
Kaiser
The Dark Mages Mod Team
The Dark Mages
The Dark Forests Times
Unknown hero
Unknown hero

PreviousNext

Return to Mods of Gothic II