Before life

Concerning stranges of the universe

Re: Before life

Postby Arcan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Before life? I'm don't now, but probably nothing...
Arcan
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Shoggot » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Aeternitas wrote:I didn't say the reincarnation exists, I didn't say it is good or bad. I just said to call 1/6 of the world to be silly-thinking is not good idea. Because they might feel touched and get angry and erase the rest of the world :). I'm bit exaggerating, but you surely understand.

Just because someone feels angry or upset because someone elses opinion doesn't do just to anything. And what if they are upset and anrgy? It means nothing. Absurd and silly things don't require any false and artificial respect.

The scientific look is a bit short-sighted. The science can understand only very few things in the world. Then you may think I believe in god or so, no, in fact I'm researcher and so I know.

This is utter nonsense. Science is short-sighted compared to what? What else gives such results and clear explanations of phenomena like science? And that is not valid claim. Just because science doesn't explain anything now proves nothing. Absolutely nothing.

People live in their world, they believe in many things, and I respect it. I would never call them silly that they are wrong. Because tell me, how do you know that reincarnation is a silly thing?

You are absolutely no researcher yet because you absolutely don't understand how science works. Don't lie me anymore. If there's an adult man and he believes in tooth fairy or Baby Jesus, he doesn't deserve any respect. Respect every nonsense just because someone believes it is just plain wrong.
I call idea of reincarnation silly as I call silly the idea of hobbits, invisible elephants, reptiles disguised as human or that holocaust never happened.

If you would actually be somekind of researcher, you would know, that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. There is no logical or evidental basis for reincarnation. No one knows what precisely happens after death and if anyone claims he does, he's simply lying and pulling things out of his buttocks.
There is no evidence, there is no experiment, there is no hypothesis, there is no basis for it.
You shouldn't believe what you find pleasant or what you want. You should believe what is fact and what is supported by evidence. Otherwise you would be in vicious and dangerous thing called - wishful thinking. And wishful thinking doesn't deserve any respect whatsoever. It's quite dangerous thing.

And how do I know it's silly thing? It has no basis to exist, it has absolutely no evidence and it is as credible as that Santa Claus brings presents. Believing anything without evidence is silly and so is reincarnation. It is silly to don't admit that at this point you don't know what is after death and instead make nonsensical stories.

Have you a proof for it? So far it is just a claim. You can't prove it right or wrong now. So one day in the future it may be proved you were wrong. Or, you were right.

Again, stop bullshiting. There is no evidence of non-existence of phenomena. Do you have any proof that you are not reptilian agent from Centauri constelation? Have you got any evidence, that there are no invisible elephants that cause cancer? Have you got any evidence that money is made by demons in the center of the Earth?

No. You don't. Because these things are absent of evidence and are treated such way. As mere bullshit stories.
So, before you write any other nonsense, remember. Extraordinary claim = evidence supported by observation. Lack of evidence and observation = no reason to believe that things are that way and no reason to treat them with respect. And no matter how many people believe it.

Mahoney wrote:Yeah, that's true.

As you can see, it's not.
Last edited by Shoggot on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoggot
Scout
Scout

Postby Aeternitas » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't agree, but I respect your opinion. You don't agree with me but you don't respect my opinion. I see you don't see the difference. If there is all people like you then I can't imagine the world. The tolerance of the opinion is the basis of democratic community.

With your words you are accusing 3/4 people of believing god to be silly, cause there is no evidence of it. I don't like such words and I don't want to see it here. You can show your opinion, but you MUST NOT TRESPASS the rules of the forum.

Go through your sentenses and revise it so there are no vulgar words. I don't want to erase it completely.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeternitas
The Dark Mages Mod Team
The Dark Mages
The Modders
The Dark Forests Times
The Highest Dark Mage
The Highest Dark Mage

topic author

Postby Shoggot » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:28 pm

I don't respect your opinion, because you're clearly not able to distinguish between tolerance and respect. And yes, I find the idea of God silly too. And again, you're not even able to distinguish between calling an idea silly and calling people silly. As man's beliefs are mainly determined by place of birth, I would never call people in Africa that believie in their things silly. The idea is silly, not them.
People who are insulted when someone critizes their ideas and faith and call it silly because they are so identified with them that their idea becames sort of egocentric are truly silly. Calling an idea silly isn't the same like calling the people who believe it silly.

But that you have yet to learn, I understand. Learn to distinguish between things. I will retract my harsh words but you cannot in any way punish me for what I say about ideas, not people. There is no premise for that and if you would try, you'd get lawyered.
Shoggot
Scout
Scout

Previous

Return to OT: Mysteries